The Arran Lodge Self Catering Terms and Conditions
The Arran Lodge is offered as self catering group accommodation. Entrance 4pm on the day of arrival to check out by 10.00am on the day of
departure unless otherwise agreed. Subject to the following hiring terms
We recommend you take out holiday travel insurance when you first make your for your booking that covers the cost of your property rental.
A £500 good housekeeping deposit is required when you pay the balance. This will be refunded on departure less the cost of any damages or extra cleaning that may be required. Breakages are not covered by the rent and therefore must be paid for.
50% Deposit is required to reserve the booking payment is by bank transfer, cheque or credit card (credit card plus 2% charge). If the booking is more than 6 months in advance a 10% non-refundable deposit can be made.
1. Payment of the deposit is deemed to be a firm booking and it is assumed that the tenant has read and agrees to abide by the hiring terms and conditions which can be found on this website www.thearranlodge.com. If accepted, the Hirer becomes liable for the full balance of charges which are payable 1 month prior to the commencement of the holiday. Non-payment of the balance of the hire charges by the due date will result in the owner treating the property as being available for re-booking and loss of deposit by the Hirer.
2. If the hirer cancels a confirmed booking they remain liable for payment of the full cost of the holiday. Upon receipt of written confirmation of the cancellation from the hirer, we will endeavor to re-let the property and if successful will make a refund to the hirer less the 10% non refundable deposit
3. The number of persons occupying a property must not exceed the maximum occupancy level of 22 people without prior consent of the owner. The Owners reserve the right to terminate the occupancy of the property without notice or refund in the case of a breach of this condition. If you are planning to use the house as a venue for more than 22 people there is an extra charge and you will have to supply the extra cutlery and glasses required. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
4. The hirer is responsible for the condition of the property and its entire contents during the hire period, fair wear and tear accepted. The hirer will make good any damage or loss and leave the property and contents in clean and tidy condition. The person held to be responsible for the hiring party will be the person who made the booking. We request that any breakages or damage is made known to us, so that repair or replacement can be affected without delay.
5. Pets are not allowed at The Arran Lodge, they are welcome at our sister company the Arran Sleep Huts which is near to The Arran Lodge. Please bring your pets feeding bowls and bedding with you. Woopsie bags must be used when taking dogs out.
6. Bed linen, heat and power are included in the price. Please strip the beds you have used, this really helps our cleaning staff as its a big house and we have a short time to change it over for the next guests.
7. We reserve the right to refuse to hand over properties to any person or persons who in our opinion are not suitable to take charge. In such cases 50% of the hire charges shall be refunded in full and the liability of the owner shall cease. If we are prevented, because of circumstances outwith our control (e.g. fire damage, drought or the interruption of utility supplies) from putting the property at the disposal of the hirer, the hire charges shall be refunded in full but the hirer will have no further claim against the owner.
8. It is important to us that holidaymakers enjoy their holiday and every effort has been made to ensure this. However, in the unlikely event of dissatisfaction with the property or any subsequent problem, the hirer must immediately contact the owner so that the opportunity to rectify the problem is given. Under no circumstances will any refunds be considered if the property owner has not been given the opportunity to rectify any problems during the Hirer's stay.
9. The contract affected between the hirer and the owner of the property is in the terms agreed in Schedule 4 Section 8 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 and confers on the hirer the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only.
10. THIS IS A STRICTLY NO SMOKING HOUSE - There will be a charge of £100 if any smell of smoke is detected in the rooms.
Privacy and Cookies Policy
The Arran Lodge is committed to your privacy we do not gather or store your personal information without your knowledge. We sometimes use a third party website Paypal to gather payment and a third party booking software that uses "strictly necessary" cookies.
Cookies are small files that help add to the functionality of web sites, and allows site owners to better understand the behaviour of users on a web site. This web site uses a few cookies to compile usage statistics through a third party site google analytics. This information stored does not contain any personal information - it is anonymous and generalised. We will never sell this information. We may use a paypal link.
We apply the Data Protection Act 1998 when handling any personal information. When we ask you for personal information we will keep to the law, and promise to:
make sure you know why we need it
only ask for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information
protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn't
make sure we don't keep it longer than necessary
not make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission.
DELETING AND BLOCKING COOKIES
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by websites you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how.