The Arran Lodge Terms and Conditions
The Arran Lodge is offered as self catering group accommodation for 25 people. Entrance 4pm on the day of arrival to check out by 10.00am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed. All bedrooms are on the 1st floor and are not suitable for mobility impaired.
Payment: A 10% non refundable deposit is required to reserve the booking, Please contact us for bank details and to arrange payment details..
Large Function room is available. No one else can book this room during a private function. Dining for 70, evening venue 100.
A £1000 good housekeeping deposit is required when you pay the balance. This will be refunded a week after departure less the cost of any damages or extra cleaning.
We recommend you take out holiday travel insurance when you first make your booking that covers the cost of your property rental.
1. Payment of the deposit is deemed to be a firm booking and it is assumed that the tenant has read and agrees to abide by the hiring terms and conditions which can be found on this website www.thearranlodge.com. If accepted, the Hirer becomes liable for the full balance of charges which are payable 1 month prior to the commencement of the holiday. Non-payment of the balance of the hire charges by the due date will result in the owner treating the property as being available for re-booking and loss of deposit by the Hirer.
2. If the hirer cancels a confirmed booking they remain liable for payment of the full cost of the holiday. Upon receipt of written confirmation of the cancellation from the hirer, we will endeavour to re-let the property and if successful will make a refund to the hirer less the 10% non refundable deposit
3. The number of persons occupying a property must not exceed the maximum occupancy level of 23 people without prior consent of the owner. The Owners reserve the right to terminate the occupancy of the property without notice or refund in the case of a breach of this condition. If you are planning to use the house as a venue for more than 25 people there is an extra charge and you will have to supply the extra cutlery and glasses required.
4. The hirer is responsible for the condition of the property and its entire contents during the hire period, fair wear and tear accepted. The hirer will make good any damage or loss and leave the property and contents in clean and tidy condition. The person held to be responsible for the hiring party will be the person who made the booking. We request that any breakages or damage is made known to us, so that repair or replacement can be affected without delay.
5. Pets are allowed at The Arran Lodge by prior arrangement. Please bring your pets feeding bowls and bedding with you. Dogs are not allowed on the furniture. Woopsie bags must be used when taking dogs out. Dogs must not be left unattended. No extra charge is made.
6. Bed linen, heat and power are included in the price. Please strip the linen from any beds you have used and leave the used towels in the shower.
7. We reserve the right to refuse to hand over properties to any person or persons who in our opinion are not suitable to take charge. In such cases 50% of the hire charges shall be refunded in full and the liability of the owner shall cease. If we are prevented, because of circumstances outwits our control (e.g. fire damage, drought or the interruption of utility supplies) from putting the property at the disposal of the hirer, the hire charges shall be refunded in full but the hirer will have no further claim against the owner.
8. It is important to us that holidaymakers enjoy their holiday and every effort has been made to ensure this. However, in the unlikely event of dissatisfaction with the property or any subsequent problem, the hirer must immediately contact the owner so that the opportunity to rectify the problem is given. Under no circumstances will any refunds be considered if the property owner has not been given the opportunity to rectify any problems during the Hirer's stay.
9. The contract affected between the hirer and the owner of the property is in the terms agreed in Schedule 4 Section 8 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 and confers on the hirer the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only.
10. THIS IS A STRICTLY NO SMOKING HOUSE - There will be a charge of £100 if any smell of smoke is detected in the rooms.
How to get Here Direct rail links from Glasgow Central Train Station to Ardrossan Harbour check the ferry /train timetable. If you are bringing a car you must book well in advance with www.calmac.co.uk or leave your car in the secure parking.
On arrival in Arran - Public transport - take bus from Brodick Pier to Lamlash. Get off when the road hits the sea and turn left along shore road, past the hospital road. (10 min walk from bus) Take the track on the left at the corner where there is a post-box on the wall and signs for The Arran Lodge. An uphill walk through a wooded private drive. The Lodge is at the top of the track with stunning views of the sea and Holy Isle.
Driving - Turn left when you leave the pier go to Lamlash where the road splits when it meets the sea turn left along shore road, past hospital road then look for our sign on the left go up wooded private drive - Free parking on the right of main building. Postcode KA27 8LQ - be careful if you just follow this on your GPS you will end up at the hospital.
If no one is in the reception room at the side of the building your keys and registration form will be on the main desk by the front door. If you require assistance Tel 01770600468
The Arran Lodge Ltd, Alachorvie, Lamlash, Isle of Arran, Scotland, KA27 8LQ. Tel 01770 600 468
The Arran Lodge is committed to your privacy we do not gather or store your personal information without your knowledge. We use a third party website Paypal to gather payment and and a third party booking software that uses "strictly necessary" cookies.
We apply the Data Protection Act 1998 when handling any personal information. When we ask you for personal information we will keep to the law, and promise to:
make sure you know why we need it
only ask for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information
protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary
not make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission.
Cookies are small files that help add to the functionality of web sites, and allows site owners to better understand the behaviour of users on a web site. This web site uses a few cookies to compile usage statistics through a third party site google analytics. This information stored does not contain any personal information - it is anonymous and generalised. We will never sell this information.
DELETING AND BLOCKING COOKIES
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by websites you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how.
Cookies & Google Analytics